In other words, does your sprinkler system work as reliably and efficiently as you want it to?
- Are you hand watering those areas where you just “make do” – wasting water and your personal time?
- Do you want to be able to trust your system when you go vacation?
- Do you want to fix your concerns this year so you can be ahead of the game next year?
We excel in taking an existing troubled system and making it efficient and easy to use. We also make additions, and reconfigure your system to your home upgrades.
As fall stealthy approaches, take stock of your current system’s strengths and weaknesses. Arrange a consultation/estimate with us to get advice from a seasoned professional who understands the requirements that your system needs to be efficient and reliable for you and your landscape.
We see how much hard work our clients put into their landscapes and are privileged they choose us to maintain their sprinklers.
Contact us early for your winterization scheduling
Posted in boulder, boulder county, boulder sprinklers, consultation/estimate, garhart, lafayette, longmont, louisville, Lyons, maintenance, niwot, superior, System Improvements, winterizations
Tagged boulder, boulder county, boulder sprinklers, consultation/estimate, cottonwood sprinkler, lafayette, longmont, louisville, Lyons, maintenance, niwot, repair, superior, winterization
As of May 15th, 2017, “they” are calling for 1, possibly 2 freezes this week. Bad news for those freshly planted perennials. Planting on Mother’s Day may be the rule of thumb, but freezes in May are not unheard of. Unfortunately, we had to fix several backflows and pipes from the previous freeze that were not prepared beforehand. A few blankets and plastic and turning off the valve is quick prep to avoid up to $300 in repairs.
We generally look at 5 or so weather reports. Sometimes all reports say the same thing, and then we guess that the event may really happen (maybe – this is Colorado). This time we are being told any combination: ranges to 34 degrees to below freezing for one or 2 nights. Maybe.
Let’s take the reports that say 34 degrees. The expanse of Boulder County is made up of countless micro-climates. Also, your yard can have several different micro-climates. Things to take into account:
- How close are you to the foothills? Weather in Longmont or Lafayette can be quite different than in Boulder, especially west Boulder
- Is your backflow on the north side of your house, or is it on the south side with lots of sun?
- Are your backflow and pipes buried so you don’t have to worry about it at all?
- Many many other scenarios
So what we hear about the weather is only half the story. The other half is location, location, location and learning about your specific yard.
Please go to the FREEZE WARNING tab above for info to prepare your system.
IMPROVING YOUR SYSTEM AND PLANT INFO