We are SCHEDULing now for october winterizations – NEW CLIENTS WELCOME
Many people ask when is a good time to winterize their system in Boulder County. Every season I hear people convinced both that it will be a mild October and it will get cold quickly. Since we do not have a crystal ball to guide our customers, we leave the timing up to you. Here are some factors to consider:
- In a nutshell, if you do it early, there will be no freeze concern, hopefully (after all – it is Colorado)
- If you have new plantings or veggies/flower beds you want to keep going, you can use a hose instead of leaving your system on. Yes, hoses can be annoying, but are helpful at this in-between time.
- In general, freezes get harder and longer going into November
- All in all, how lucky do you feel?
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged blowouts, boulder, boulder county, boulder sprinklers, colorado, cottonwood sprinkler, cottonwood sprinkler company, dan garhart, freeze, lafayette, longmont, louisville, Lyons, niwot, sprinklers, superior, winterization, winterizations, winterize
SCHEDULE YOUR WINTERIZATION NOW
NEW CLIENTS WELCOME
Reasons to schedule now for a date in October, even if the weather forecast looks amazing for the next 10 days:
- It will not last forever. At some point there will be a freeze, and a zillion people will be trying to get appointments at one time.
- You should already be hardening off your plants so they don’t go into shock when the inevitable arrives. That means decreasing watering time to 2x or 1x a week (fresh plants excepted, hoses are helpful)
Posted in boulder, boulder county, boulder sprinklers, Freeze, lafayette, longmont, louisville, Lyons, niwot, Winter Services, winterizations
Tagged blowouts, boulder, boulder sprinklers, colorado, cottonwood sprinkler, dan garhart, freeze, front range, lafayette, longmont, louisville, Lyons, niwot, winterization, winterize